Self-harm and suicide among Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander young people was almost non-existent 30 years ago, but our young people now experience one of the highest rates in the world.
By respecting the knowledge of our First Nations leaders and young people Culture is Life supports Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander young people to thrive through:
- Engaging with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Elders, young people, communities and organisations around cultural activities
- Collaborating with our partners to affirm and strengthen Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander culture
- Connecting with Australia’s First Nations communities, not-for-profit and community organisations, government, corporate and philanthropy sectors to influence change
- Campaigning to educate, inspire and mobilise support and action
- Activating change through supporting the delivery of targeted programs and resources.
Read more about current collaboration, campaign and activation projects here:
Culture is Life is a recently established not-for-profit organisation founded by entrepreneur and philanthropist David Prior to underpin Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander-led initiatives to support cultural strengthening and to prevent youth suicide.